Saturday, February 28, 2009

Blood+ Coffin Cello Case: Part 5

I am still awake from yesterday. I hurt so badly from repetitive motion and being bent over, but... it's done.


What would I do differently...

My favorite part of finishing and looking back is to figure out what I would have done differently. First, I would have used a thinner wood instead of the thick stuff I did use. Two, I would have figured out a better method of attaching the shoulder straps. Three, thicker clear coat on the final foam. Four, finer sand paper on the foam near the end.

Otherwise, I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Very true to life, and size. I believe this falls under the category of one of those anime props that's difficult to deal with IRL because of physics. So many things in anime are physically impossible, improbable, or would just be really clumsy (weapons in particular).

No comments:

Post a Comment