Saturday, October 13, 2007

Gaara's Gourd: First Attempt - Part 3



After many tears and blood and sweat, the gourd is whole and hollow. It's a little weightier than I had expected which has been deeply concerned.

The fiberglass cloth gets laid on the surface, sewn and sticky-tacked down.

Many, many hours later and discovering its the worst smell ever, the gourd is completely covered in resin. It's as solid as plastic and everything I could have hoped for. Unfortunately, it's much heavier than I would have expected.


I found an amazing spray paint that gives a sand-like texture in the perfect color. This is the result. You can see a close up of the texture...


Completely random, but this was waiting for me just outside the front door when I went to spray paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment